Welcome to the webpages of the Regional Wounds Victoria
Clinical Nurse Consultants (CNCs)
We recommend checking back often for regular updates. Simply look for the symbol on all pages, for the most recently added events, links and documents
Navigate easily through our site using the blue or orange buttons located at the top of all RWV pages
Want to refer a client? Click here for eligibility guidelines
This website is primarily for clinicians, if you're a patient or know someone with a wound, click here
NEWSFLASH: Are you a Grampians nurse in DNS or Aged Care? Go here for important survey.
NEWSFLASH: We've a new guide to help clinicians with referral eligibility. Click here for info
NEWSFLASH: Contact us at this link, to list a wound position here available in rural Victoria
See the SINGLE & RECURRING items below for educational events available to regional Vic clinicians
Email us if you would like to request your event listed or if you know of others
- 2-3 September 2016: MELBOURNE - The Advanced Practicing Podiatrists High Risk Foot Group AND The Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons "LEAP 2016 Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention Conference" Advance your knowledge, skills, clinical practice and confidence in managing the high risk foot in this 2 day conference. See the APP website here for the flyer and latest info.
- 10 October 2016: WANGARATTA - Quality effective Learning team "Looking through a Bariatric Lens" All info on this 1 day Bariatric Conference, and registrations at the QeL2 website here.
9-12 November 2016: MELBOURNE - Australian Wound Management Association "State of Play National Conference". Save the date, save up, and watch the AWMA website for more information about the next AWMA National Conference to be held in our very own state. Register your interest and receive updates click here. Be sure to check closing dates for super early bird, early bird, and general registrations.
Top of page
RWV is active on facebook
- our social networking page continues to expand with nearly 900 direct followers and over thousands of people engaged each week. Check us out at facebook.com/regionalwoundsvictoria
and like our page to receive a fun and educational mix of wound related content. Participate in or simply watch our regular quizzes. These are an innovative way to enhance your knowledge and network with like minded others. RWV aligns with the DHS social media policy
and the AHPRA social media policy.
- Don't bin your bandage clips. We collect them for needy patients at the Institute of Applied Dermatology in India. Pass them to any RWV CNC at any time. More info here
Supporting our National and State Wound Association, Wounds Australia (formerly AWMA): While RWV is not formerly affiliated with Wounds Australia (WA), as a unique collaborative of advanced wound clincians, we proactively support and promote WA activities. This promotes our growing specialty, raises the profile of wounds, and because WA membership is of value to other regional clinicians we advocate for and support. The following are some of WA's activities/resources and RWV encourages anyone interested in wound management to become a WA member.
Wounds Australia Webinars - ONLINE - Our national wound association facilitates regular educational webinars and subsequently these are available to members via logging onto the Wounds Central website here.
Annual WOUND AWARENESS WEEK - 19 - 23rd September 2016 An annual weekly event by our national and state wound associations that raises public awareness of wound related issues. More information can be found here including tips for engaging with the media. It's never been easier to get involved, even if you simply want to pop a poster at your workplace.
- Annual Worldwide STOP PRESSURE ULCER DAY - European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel - an annual international event, this year to be held on 17th November 2016:
- Check out the You Tube clip here
- Click here for the most recent poster resources via their website (updated yearly)
- Click here for campaign updates and look out for 2016 news
- Other resources can be found on the NPUAP website here
- Head to the AWMA website here for Australian resources from Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance
These events are listed as a resource to health professionals in regional Victoria and relevant others. RWV takes no responsibility for the content/quality of these events.
RWV welcomes constructive feedback or suggestions for our website. Or let us know if an event link is not working. Email us here
Regional Wounds Victoria receives Commonwealth and Victorian Government funding support under the HACC program under the Strengthening Wound Management Practice Strategy.
Top of page
Updated 23 May 2016