Welcome to the webpages of the Regional Wounds Victoria
Clinical Nurse Consultants (CNCs)
We recommend checking back often for regular updates. Simply look for the symbol on all pages, for the most recently added events, links and documents
Navigate easily through our site using the blue or orange buttons located at the top of all RWV pages
Want to refer a client? Click here for eligibility guidelines
This website is primarily for clinicians, if you're a patient or know someone with a wound, click here
NEWSFLASH: Coming to the National Conference in Nov? Drop off bandage clips at our stand. Click here
NEWSFLASH: Watch this space for our new STOP Pressure Injury resource. Avail after conference week
NEWSFLASH: We've a new guide to help clinicians with referral eligibility. Click here for info
NEWSFLASH: Contact us at this link, to list a wound position here available in rural Victoria
See the SINGLE & RECURRING items below for educational events available to regional Vic clinicians
Email us if you would like to request your event listed or if you know of others
- 9-12 November 2016: MELBOURNE - Wounds Australia "State of Play National Conference". Save the date, save up, and watch the AWMA website for more information about the next National Conference to be held in our very own state. Register your interest and receive updates click here. Be sure to check closing dates for super early bird, early bird, and general registrations.
- 16 November 2016: HAMILTON - The Barwon South West Infection Prevention Group "Antimicrobial Stewardship Study Day - Preserving the Miracle of Antibiotics: Are we too late?" Multiple speakers present on this topical Infection Control issue of AMS which has implications to wound care clinicians. Refer attachment for all info and how to register AMS Study Day Hamilton (409.5 kB)
Top of page
RWV is on facebook
- our social networking page continues to expand with over 1000 direct followers and thousands of people engaged each week. Check us out at facebook.com/regionalwoundsvictoria
and like our page to receive a fun and educational mix of wound related content. Participate in or simply watch our regular quizzes. These are an innovative way to enhance your knowledge and network with like minded others. RWV aligns with the DHS social media policy
and the AHPRA social media policy.
- Don't bin your bandage clips. We collect them for needy patients at the Institute of Applied Dermatology in India. Pass them to any RWV CNC at any time. More info here
Supporting our National and State Wound Association, Wounds Australia (formerly AWMA): While RWV is not formerly affiliated with Wounds Australia, as a unique collaborative of advanced wound clincians, we proactively support and promote Wounds Australia activities. This promotes our growing specialty, raises the profile of wounds, and because Wounds Australia membership is of value to other regional clinicians we advocate for and support. The following are some of Wounds Australia's activities/resources and RWV encourages anyone interested in wound management to become a Wounds Australia member.
Wounds Australia Webinars - ONLINE - Our national wound association facilitates regular educational webinars and subsequently these are available to members via logging onto the Wounds Central website here.
Annual WOUND AWARENESS WEEK - 16 - 21st October 2016 An annual weekly event by our national and state wound associations that raises public awareness of wound related issues. More information can be found here including tips for engaging with the media. It's never been easier to get involved, even if you simply want to pop a poster at your workplace, host a stand or event. In 2016 the WOUND AWARE website was launched with Denise Drysdale as the new Wounds Australia ambassador.
- Annual Worldwide STOP PRESSURE ULCER DAY - European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel - an annual international event, this year to be held on 17th November 2016:
- Check out the You Tube clip here
- Click here for the most recent poster resources via their website (updated yearly)
- Click here for campaign updates and look out for 2016 news
- Other resources can be found on the NPUAP website here
- Head to the AWMA website here for Australian resources from Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance
These events are listed as a resource to health professionals in regional Victoria and relevant others. RWV takes no responsibility for the content/quality of these events.
RWV welcomes constructive feedback or suggestions for our website. Or let us know if an event link is not working. Email us here
Top of page
Updated 26 Oct 2016